Applications for the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship 2023-2025.
The Stanford Innovation Research Fellowship is designed for the development of upcoming biotechnological innovation policy leaders who can utilise transformative technologies to materially affect patients’ outcomes while democratizing access to healthcare.
Technology innovations can improve patient care in a significant way while increasing access in an increasingly affordable manner and reducing the costs.
The decision of policy makers will influence the pace of achieving these goals.
Table of Contents
For the 2023–2024 Biodesign Innovation Fellowship, Stanford is now accepting applications from people with advanced degrees and/or significant job experience in relevant fields.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship application period will end on September 22, 2022.
The Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship intends to educate the subsequent generation of health policy experts who will be capable of utilizing cutting-edge new technologies to enhance patient outcomes while democratizing access to care.
With increased access and cheaper prices, technological developments have the potential to significantly improve patient health and healthcare delivery.
The decisions and actions of policymakers will determine how – and how quickly – this promise is fulfilled.
Future policymakers will need to better understand the role of major public policy influencers, the motivations that shape their behavior, and the most effective strategies for winning their support for legislation and regulations, such as new funding, faster coverage, and reasonable levels of reimbursement, in order to accelerate the technological transformation of the health sector.
Follow Scholarship Updates For ScholarshipJobs and Travel With Sponsorship and Job Opportunities around the world including Remote Jobs @MichaelEkunda16— Scholarships , Travel & Jobs Opportunities For All (@MichaelEkunda16) June 15, 2022
The goal of the Stanford Biodesign Innovation Policy Fellowship is to better prepare aspiring policy leaders for this role by educating them on the process of health technology innovation.
In order to assist legislative and regulatory processes in the United States and around the world, their Innovation Policy Fellows will carry conducting basic research concurrently on the influence of policy on the advancement and adoption of health technologies.
Their goal is to advance the knowledge of policymakers and their professional standing so they can make well-informed judgments that will assist the health sector fully utilize technological innovation.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Eligibility
- Candidates of any citizenship are welcome to apply. However, selected applicants must be authorized to work for any employer upon notification of acceptance to the fellowship.
- They are seeking applicants with diverse backgrounds from health systems, quality and regulatory environments, health technology start-ups or corporations, or government. An advanced degree (MS, MPH, JD, MD, RN, or PhD) and 3-5 years of relevant work experience (or post-graduate study) is preferred.
- They look for individuals with a strong desire to pursue careers in health policy and a demonstrated interest in health technology innovation. Previous research and publishing experience are recommended but not required.
- They are seeking candidates with exceptional leadership ability, initiative, and strong written and verbal communication skills who are inquisitive, enterprising, and persuasive.
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship Benefits
- Compensation for the 2023-25 Innovation Policy Fellowship will be approximately $5,464 per month, plus a one-time $1,000 computer stipend. This amount is enough to cover basic room and board during the fellowship period
Apply for this opportunity
How to Apply for Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship
Innovation Policy Fellows are selected via a competitive application and interview process.
Recruiting for the 2023-25 program will begin in June 2022, with applications due Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Interviews will be held Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm Pacific, with a virtual evening welcome event on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Pacific.
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels: