Are you looking for a low cost smartphone this holiday season to buy for a friend or family member? You would do well to look at the Snokor Rocket Z500. With a fine, smooth, stylish design, the Snokor Rocket Z5000 stands out for having such impressive specifications at the ridiculously low price of between 13,000 and 15,000 naira in most online stores like Konga. The temptation for most people after seeing such a low price is to dismiss the Snokor Rocket Z5000. But looking at the specifications would definately leave you asking if the phone is for real.
Have a read and judge for yourself.
Dimensions and Display
This dual sim phone measures 142×73.2×10.1mm which makes it a pleasantly slim phone and easy to hold. The frame supports a 5inch IPS capacitive touch screen display guaranteeing clear big pictures, videos and easy reading of text files like ebooks in whatever frame.
Processor, Storage and Memory.
Under the hood, this Android 5.1, lollipop, phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz quadcore CPU ably supported by a 1GB RAM to make sure all active applications run smoothly without causing the display to freeze during an important operation.
Also, there is ample space in the phone to store files like videos, pictures of loved ones and places and all sorts of text files and applications. The 8GB internal Storage can be further expanded with an external microSD card up to 16GB.
Though the Camera specifications of 5mp back and 2mp from Camera does not look impressive, but the combination of the display size and the IPS screen would ensure that whatever pictures you take with the phone is relatively clear and sharp. Selfie lovers to can be assured of some nice selfies with the secondary Camera.
This is one place the Snokor Rocket Z500 punches above is weight. It comes with a 3600mAH Li-ion battery. This is rather impressive for such a phone. The phone can be used moderately for two days without the need to recharge It. Also, the phone has the capacity and features of a power bank. Which implies that It can be used to recharge other mobile phones.
Now, after a cursory look at the specifications, you must agree that the phone is a steal at the price it is being sold. I believe it would be hard to place a bet against this phone to be one of the best selling phones of this holiday.
- Platform: Android 5.1
- Processor: Quad Core 1.2GHz
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Colours: Yellow, Black, White.
- Dimension: 142.4 x 73.2 x 10.1 mm
- Weight: –
- Network: 3G/2G
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.0″ Touch Screen
- Display Protection: –
- Rear Camera: 5 MP Camera, Video
- Front Camera: 2MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 8GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: Up to 16GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21mbps
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol:
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes (with RDS)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Not confirmed
- Accelerometer: Not confirmed
- Proximity Sensor: Not confirmed
- Light Sensor: Not confirmed
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Not confirmed
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Not confirmed
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: No (download at store)
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 3600 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Standby Time: –
- Talktime: –