Some few weeks back, DevCenter carried out a survey and asked the developers in their community (and in the Nigerian technology ecosystem as a whole) a few questions to know more about them. Some of the questions asked had to do with gender, age, location, job satisfaction, and income. The great folks at Devcenter made an infographic (based on the results of their survey) and were kind enough to share with us.
Stay with me as I take you through the full statistics provided to us..
First of all…
1. 90% OF NIGERIAN DEVELOPERS ARE MALE & 67% LIVE IN LAGOS.
I am not surprised. Who would think otherwise?
2. 96% OF SOFTWARE ARE YOUNGER THAN 34 YEARS OF AGE.
Sure now, we are the new generation. Old things have passed away or rather, old things remain old. You can never teach an old dog new tricks, right?
3. MOST DEVELOPERS IN NIGERIA ARE SELF-TAUGHT.
Really? To say the truth, I am very impressed.
4. 88% ARE SATISFIED WITH THEIR JOBS.
Well, what’s more satisfactory than being your own boss.
5. THE AVERAGE INCOME IS N100,000 PER MONTH.
I’d rather remain mute on this.
6. THEY DON’T THINK THEY’RE PAID WELL ENOUGH.
I don’t think so too.
So here you have it. Feel free to share your comments on which stat took you by surprise.