If you’ve being of Facebook for a long time, you would agree the social network has undergone several changes. And Facebook is still not done with tweaking the forum. One of the changes is how you can send or accept Facebook friend requests. Back in the day you can send as many Facebook friend requests to as many random people on Facebook without any repercussions. It was the method used by most internet marketers to have a Facebook account bloated with many friends.
These days, you risked your account being suspended if you try a stunt like that. Well, if you are one of those who did send out hundreds of Facebook friend requests, this might be an interesting information for you. Generally, this piece is also for everybody on Facebook.
Thing is, not all Facebook friend requests send out are accepted. Many people just don’t bother to click the accept button for some spurious reason. One reason may be that the recipient of the friend request doesn’t know you. Also, it could be the that they are not interested in connecting with you on Facebook because they don’t know you, or probably because you are not just close enough to them. Or perhaps, they don’t want you poking your nose into their online life. People can be different online you know.
So if you want to have a look at all the Facebook friend requests that were rejected or never accepted, there is a way to go about it. It turns out it is actually very easy to do. It is right under our ‘facebooking‘ noses. That goes to show how much people hate navigating their Facebook account. It seems all we do is open Facebook, read friends’ status updates, news feeds, scroll through pictures, send messages and log out when we get tired. There are so many other things one can do on Facebook.
Here are the simple steps to find out all those people who rejected or ignored your Facebook friend requests:
1. Go to your browser and open Facebook. It is mandatory you open Facebook on your browser. Which means, opening your Facebook account using the Facebook app would not work.
2. Navigate to the top of the Facebook page, look for the friend request tap and click on it.
3. At the bottom of the drop down menu, click on see all
4. Look for view sent requests. It is normally found at the top left of the new widow that opens if you are using a PC browser. Click on it.
5. The next window would show you all the friend requests you ever sent that were not accepted. And if you’ve being naughty, sending requests indiscriminately, that list is going to be a long one.
This is not an opportunity to resend the friend request though. There is probably a good reason your requests were not accepted in the first place. Let it go and move on. If you are like me, you’ll also notice a list of friend requests from people, just waiting for you to tick accept. Now is a good time to review the pending requests and accept some or out rightly reject all of them.
photo credit: techinsider.io