Nigerian youth who are passionate about bringing attention to climate change are encouraged to submit applications for the Climate Leadership Fellowship 2022. The application submission date is July 29, 2022.
The Climate Leadership Fellowship (Special Edition for Energy Leaders) is created to offer expert training on the theory and applications of renewable energy for a better climate to fellows who work in, or are passionate about, the clean cooking, clean energy, solar power, and waste to energy sectors.
All fellows will adopt a school where they will spread awareness of climate change and renewable energy while fostering the growth of future leaders for a country that is climate resilient.
In addition to a certificate of climate competence, each fellow will receive a toolset for using in-class climate education.
Provide expert training on climate change advocacy in relation to clean energy transition and leadership to promote national climate resilience.
Expose young people to the various opportunities within the renewable energy sector.
To establish Green Clubs across two hundred secondary schools in Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones.
To train and mentor two hundred young Nigerians as climate change educators in year one.
To train 20000 secondary school students as climate champions through the fellows Adopt a School and Teach climate change in year one.
To provide internship and work experience for trained climate advocates through the Adopt a School.
To invest in and Promote a climate resilient energy sector.
Follow Scholarship Updates For ScholarshipJobs and Travel With Sponsorship and Job Opportunities around the world including Remote Jobs @MichaelEkunda16— Scholarships , Travel & Jobs Opportunities For All (@MichaelEkunda16) June 15, 2022
Build two hundred sustainability and climate smart schools across the six geopolitical zones.
Climate Leadership Fellowship Eligibility
Table of Contents
- Open to youth aged between 22 – 35 years;
- Demonstrated leadership for climate change and renewable energy;
- Part of a growing environmental/renewable energy organization or involved/interested in a renewable energy business (serving Corp members with interest in renewable energy can apply);
- Graduated from University;
- Interested in clean/renewable energy solutions for electricity or for cooking;
- Passion to promote awareness for climate change;
- From any part of the world but resident in Nigeria.
Climate Leadership Fellowship Benefits
- Receive expert training from globally renowned climate activists.
- Be trained as a climate change educator.
- Receive a Climate Change Education toolkit to teach in secondary schools.
- Gain access to free trainings and up skilling programs.
- Become a part of the climate change awareness frontliners.
- Gain work experience in the area of climate leadership.
- Gain recommendations for fellowships or international trainings.
- Receive a Climate Leadership Certificate.
How to Apply for Climate Leadership Fellowship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Selected applicants should be available and willing to teach climate change within their communities using provided toolkit, participate in the climate leadership expert training, submit a fellowship work plan, and be available for all virtual meetings.
Participants are expected to:
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- Commit 5 hours per week to for the expert trainings and LIVE calls.
- Adopt a school and complete the four-week program teaching climate change in schools.
- Demonstrate innovation during the Adopt a School.