Most profitable smartphone makers, Huawei earlier last year announced a phone which we should be watching out for. Now here we have it guys, the Huawei Honor 6X. Huawei made the launch known through the Huawei’s Honor brand, and guess where the phone was launched – the Consumer Electronic Show, CES 2017. Many more phones would be launched at the CES 2017, quite a populous market to market your brand.
The Chinese phone makers have released other phones which may serve as a predecessor to the Honor 6X, some of which are the Honor 5C, Honor 6C, Honor X2, Honor 6 plus, Honor 5X, Honor 8 amongst a whole lot of others. The Honor 6X is a high-end smartphone which comes in two memory variants and is powered by Huawei’s own processor – the 64-bit HiSilicon Kirin 655.
It would be my pleasure that we go through this tech ride together, all you have to do is to stay right here with me.
TECHNOLOGY AND DESIGN
When you call a device a high end phone, I believe its support for the 4G LTE network should not be a subject of bargain at all. So you can sure expect the Huawei Honor 6X to support the 4G LTE. Also it runs on an Android operating system v6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1.
The Huawei Honor 6X measures 150.9 mm in length * 76.2 mm in breadth and 8.2 mm in thickness, while it weighs 162g – quite heavy I think. The phone has a 5.5 inches screen with a display resolution of 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD). Considering the screen size, give me this phone and you’ll get for yourself a happy man.
About its build, it has a Metal Unibody Design.
HARDWARE AND MEMORY
The Huawei Honor 6X possesses an Octa-core 64-bit HiSilicon Kirin 655 with a processor speed of 2.1GHz.
It comes in two variants which are the 3 GB and 4 GB RAM while the variants also reflect differences in the internal storage having a 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory, both of which can expanded to the capacity of 128 GB (Huawei, but why?) with the use of a micro SD card.
The sensors available are the Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.3-second fast Fingerprint Sensor.
With dual cameras at the rear, you can sure have a nice photo experience with the Huawei Honor 6X with the tune of 12MP+2MP camera quality, while the front facing camera has 8 MP. Now this is another action that suggest the discrimination of selfie takers.
The Bluetooth is of the v4.1 while it supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS. Micro-USB is of v2.0. it still retains the 3.5 mm audio jack.
The battery capacity is 3340 mAh and is non removable, surely supports fast charge while the power management is by Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode. Now, lets talk about this guys, normally, I’ll love a 3340 mAh battery but since its coming from Huawei – of all phone makers -, I’d say I was expecting something better but then, to be fair, I would say they tried.
The launch price is pegged at $249.99 for the 3 GB/32 GB variant while the 4GB/64GB storage version costs $299.99. The Nigerian equivalent of this is around 100,000 and 120,000 in naira respectively. I don’t know how fair this price is but if opportune, I could get it at this price. Do you think its worth it?
SUMMARY OF HUAWEI HONOR 6X SPECIFICATIONS
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G : LTE
- Global Bands – Band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600).
- USA Bands – LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 12(700), 20(800), 38(2600).
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 150.9 * 76.2 * 8.2 mm.
- Weight: 162g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1920 * 1080 pixels (Full HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold, Silver & Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit HiSilicon Kirin 655.
- Processor Speed: 2.1GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T830 MP2.
- RAM: 3GB/4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.3-second fast Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 12MP+2MP dual cameras.
- Camera Properties: 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, F/0.95 and f/1.6 aperture.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: DTS Audio, Active nose cancellation.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE & EDR.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
· 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 3340mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: January 4, 2017.
- Availability: January 4, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms :
- Launch Price: $249.99 (3GB/32GB) | $299.99 (4GB/64GB).
so what is your take, smartphone lovers, would you acquire this phone, and at what price?