Are you a developer? Do you reside in the middle East or in Africa? Then this one is surely for you as Social media giants, Facebook is challenging developers across the Middle East and Africa to create innovative bots in the Bots for Messenger Developer Challenge.
This aligns with their commitment to promote innovation in the Middle East and Africa by providing developers and start-ups with the tools they need to build, grow, monetize, and measure products and services.
Read more: Facebook About To Launch Standalone TV App
To participate in the challenge, you would team up in a group of three – with two other developers – to create innovative bots on Facebook Messenger under the following three categories namely: gaming and entertainment; productivity and utility; and social good.
After the challenge, there would be three winners which would be picked from each of the categories – one from each – and they’ll win a whooping sum of $20,000 coupled with three (3) months of mentorship from Facebook.
OTHER PRIZES ARE:
For each region, three runner-up teams (one from each category) will win $10,000 and three months of Facebook mentorship
The 60 finalist teams (10 per category in each region) will win a Gear VR and a mobile phone, one hour of Facebook mentorship and tools and services from FbStart — a Facebook program designed to help early stage mobile startups build and grow their bots. All student teams who make it to the finals will win an additional $2,000.
TIMELINE FOR PROGRAM:
* Submissions open: 15 February at 09:00 GMT
* Deadline for entries: 28 April at 11:59:59 GMT
* Finalists announced (30 teams each in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East/North Africa): 19 May at 09:00 GMT
* Deadline for entries from finalists: 2 June at 11:59:59 GMT
* Winners announced: 19 June at 09:00 GMT (three winners and three runner up teams in the Middle East and North Africa; three winners and three runner up teams in Sub-Saharan Africa)
So what are you waiting for? Click here to apply..